While this may be considered more of a travel app, I believe it also has a place in an educational setting. Like any app, it’s important to teach students when it’s appropriate to use an app such as this.
Here are the key features as listed in the built-in User’s Guide.
- Translate text between 57 languages
- Translate by voice by speaking the text instead of typing it
- Listen to your translations
- Display translations in full screen mode to make it easier for others to read
- Star your favorite translations for quick access even when you’re offline
- Access your translation history even when you’re offline
- Spell out the translation of non-Latin script languages in Latin characters to read it phonetically
- Supplemental bilingual dictionary results for single words or short phrases